The City in Our Heart



I've blogging something more to music and my thoughts lately.One thing for sure is I'm always a music lover because I listen to music and googled a lot to search for a song's lyric,especially when comes to the meaning behind the song.Talking about how I know the band,the first song that I ever heard is The Sound from their latest album.For your info,it was featured in Me Before You's movie soundtrack as I mentioned earlier.


I'll be sharing a few things that I know about them here.The band are from UK and consists of 4 members which are Matthew Healy,Adam Hann,Ross Macdonald and George Daniel.Just like Coldplay,they started to playing quite some time before releasing any album.Finally they made their debut in 2013 with self-titled album.


Sometimes I can't get enough of listening Matthew's vocals,just can't help myself as the melody and lyrics got me felt related to things in life.For them,maybe it is some dark side of what society and reality actually is. Most of their songs are about love,but you can actually find few of the song were actually written from their own perspective as a youth.Thumbs up to them for being a great band that actually express themselves in indie rock/indie pop way.I truly believed that music speak louder than words when words don't!






In case you misheard the lyrics from The City,here are the song words :



Don't call it a fight when you know it's a war.
With nothing but your t-shirt on.
And go sit on the bed because I know that you want to.
You've got pretty eyes, but I know you're wrong.

Don't call it a spade if it isn't a spade.
Go lie on the floor if you want.
The first bit of advice that you gave me that I liked was they're too strong, too strong.
Get in the shower if it all goes wrong.

Yeah, if you wanna find love then you know where the city is [4x]

Yeah counting cards was the best job he ever had.
Cleaning up.
He got good with his 4′s and his 2′s.
Community service was the best job he ever had.
Cleaning up.
He got sick on the floor and his shoes.

Oh and she said "It's your birthday,
Are you feeling alright?"
The next one's the MD.
You'll be feeling just fine.
Your brother is just sat there,
You said you felt snide.
You hope that that boy will be alright.

Yeah, if you wanna find love then you know where the city is [4x]

Yeah well she said "It's your birthday,
Are you feeling alright?"
The next one's the MD.
You'll be feeling just fine.
Your brother is just sat there,
You said you felt snide.
You hope that that boy will be alright.

Yeah, if you wanna find love then you know where the city is [4x]



don't simply do this when you're fighting over little things x)



I hope any of you who reading this post will enjoy this song.What's the city that first came in your mind ?  Spend some time to think about it before sleep or give yourself a little time to have a inner dialogue with yourself and deep heart... You will figure it out soon! I'll going to sleep soon and sweet dreams to everyone :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bye Year 2018 | Hi Year 2019

How I found my passion in photography

Review of 1989 album